Civil engineering is the division of engineering concerned with the building, designing, planning, and maintenance of the material and naturally built surroundings.
It is one of the oldest and largest branches of engineering. Civil Engineers are professionally responsible for overseeing design and construction of industrial plant buildings, transmission towers/lines, waterworks, river navigation, airport runways, skyscrapers, power plants, irrigation canals, traffic control infrastructure, dams, shipping canals, bridges, rail-roads, sewers and highways.
A Civil Engineer typically possesses advanced supervisory and managerial abilities. Civil Engineers work in groups or teams with numerous different engineers.
Diploma in Civil Engineering: Syllabus and Course Description
A year-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Professional Communication||Elec. Electrical & Mechanical Engineering||Design of Steel & Masonry Structure|
|Applied Mathematics I||Strength of Material||Design of Reinforced Concrete Structure|
|Applied Physics||Hydraulics||Transpiration Engineering|
|Applied Chemistry||Public Health Engineering||Estimating, Costing & Valuation|
|Applied Mechanics||Thermal Engineering||Construction Management, Accounts & Entrepreneurship Development|
|Engineering Drawing||Building const. & Maintenance Engineering||Surveying II|
|Computer Application for Engineering||Concrete Technology||Civil Engineering Drawing II|
|Workshop Practice||Civil Engineering Drawing||Irrigation Engineering|
|Building Material||Surveying||Environmental Pollution & Control|
|-||-||Civil Lab-III (RCC & Highway)|
Diploma in Civil Engineering: Who should opt?
Ideal candidates for the course would possess:
- a creative and an innovative approach to solving problems.
- ability to analyze and interpret diverse, complex data.
- critical thinking skills.
- ability to evaluate designs, plans, and projects.
- aptitude for effective assessment and management of risk, resources, and time.
- excellent numeracy ability.
- advanced computer literacy.
- interpersonal sensitivity.
- persuasiveness and the ability to work as part of a team.
- good written and oral communication skills.
- awareness of ethical issues.
24/7 Whatsapp/Line Support
Tel: +92 303 5530 865 & +92 321 9606 785
Contact: (Ufone=331) . 5 1 . 4 5 6 o 1